[R-sig-Debian] cannot upgrade to R 2.9.1 in Ubuntu

Luis Ridao Cruz luisr at hav.fo
Mon Aug 10 12:06:27 CEST 2009

R-SIG-Debian help,

At the moment the R version installed on my machine is 2.8.1. (Ubuntu 9.04)
I wish to upgrade to  R 2.9.1.

I did:
$ sudo apt-get upgrade

but R is not upgraded although the "sources.list" file is updated with:

deb http://cran.ii.uib.no/bin/linux/ubuntu jaunty/

When I run from the terminal I still get:

$ R
R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
Copyright (C) 2008 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Thanks in advance