[R-sig-Debian] how to convert source code in windows package for linux (ubuntu)

Josh Harmsen josh.harmsen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 19:30:12 CEST 2008

I've actually already had correspondence with the author, he thought
it was possible to do, but asked me to find out what would be needed
to get it in a Linux environment and I was going to get back to him.
SAGA actually compiles nicely in Linux (the gui and cmd) and I have
successfully done this, so that should not be the issue.

Here is what we have:
R Source package for RSAGA (and author cced!)
Windows Binary for RSAGA (no use to us)
SAGA compiles for Ubuntu Hardy with no problems

So with this, what are the necessary steps?

Thanks,

Josh