[R-sig-Debian] how to convert source code in windows package for linux (ubuntu)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Oct 11 03:49:43 CEST 2008

On 10 October 2008 at 15:42, Josh Harmsen wrote:
| The package is RSAGA http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RSAGA/index.html
|
| CRAN does have the package source available, which is what I want to
| get to work in R on a Ubuntu Hardy 64bit.  If the process is trivial
| could you guide me through it or point me to a resource that explains
| it?

Not knowing anything about the particular details of this package I'd refer
you to what the package author clearly states in the DESCRIPTION info for the
package that is available at the URL you provide that:

	SystemRequirements: 	Windows, SAGA (>=2.0.2)

To make that even more plain, RSAGA depends

	a) on SAGA (do you have that on Ubuntu amd64 ?),  and

	b) on Windows.

You are, in other words, out of luck.

Look into virtualbox, a rather nice virtualization package included in Ubuntu
in the 'open source edition' and look into installing a Windows session
inside your Ubuntu system. You can share folders etc pp.  Maybe that can help
you.