[R-sig-Debian] Update to 2.8 and problem with liblapack

Matthieu Stigler matthieu.stigler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 09:18:39 CET 2008

Hello

Reinstalling with apt-get did not work (same message error) but proper
compiling from source was ok! I had the same problem with package minpack.lm

Thank for your help!

PS Dirk: I wrote an other message to the list without having subscribed,
so email is probably waiting for approbation. Should I wait or resend it
as list-member?

> BTW, may I ask what all the fuss is about Ubuntu?  Why are so many
> people so hyped about it and prefer it over Debian?  Note: this is not
> bait for distro wars, just genuine curiosity.  Excuse the tangential OT!

PS Sebastian: the friend who introduced me to Linux and installed the
distribution was himself on Debian but choosed Ubuntu for a newbie...