[R-sig-Debian] libRlapack.so ... : No such file or directory

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri May 30 22:00:49 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 04:50:27PM -0300, tyler wrote:
> Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> writes:
>

> >> So, in short, I'm pretty sure I only have one Matrix library, but
> >> maybe it's in the wrong place?
> >
> > I asked you to verify, and you come back saying 'I dunno but feel good'.
> > That doesn't really help, does it?
> >

> Sorry, my reasoning was that I had (a broken) matrix, and I didn't have
> r-cran-matrix, therefore, I didn't have multiple versions of matrix. Not
> rock solid logic, I concede.
>
> > Or;  From a shell prompt, run 'locate Matrix/DESCRIPTION'
>
> tyler:~-> locate Matrix/DESCRIPTION
> /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Matrix/DESCRIPTION
> tyler:~->
>
> Am I likely to have further problems now that I have a system with mixed
> CRAN and Debian repository packages?

Not per se, but you do run the risk of getting into confusion about
which is from where.  But then we don't have a generally superior
solution either.  I tend to mix and match CRAN and Debian at home, but
install straight from CRAN at work (as it is Ubuntu and updates only
come every six months).

Now, for the issue at hand

i)  rm -r /usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Matrix/ and then reinstall Matrix from CRAN; and yes, this could have been a by-product of your Atlas changes,

or

ii) wajig install r-cran-matrix

and let us know how you fare.