[R-sig-Debian] libRlapack.so ... : No such file or directory

tyler tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri May 30 21:50:27 CEST 2008

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> writes:

>> So, in short, I'm pretty sure I only have one Matrix library, but
>> maybe it's in the wrong place?
>
> I asked you to verify, and you come back saying 'I dunno but feel good'.
> That doesn't really help, does it?

Sorry, my reasoning was that I had (a broken) matrix, and I didn't have
r-cran-matrix, therefore, I didn't have multiple versions of matrix. Not
rock solid logic, I concede.

> Or;  From a shell prompt, run 'locate Matrix/DESCRIPTION'

tyler:~-> locate Matrix/DESCRIPTION
/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Matrix/DESCRIPTION
tyler:~->

Am I likely to have further problems now that I have a system with mixed
CRAN and Debian repository packages?

Thanks for your patience,

Tyler

--
I never loan my books, for people never return them. The only books
remaining in my library are those I’ve borrowed from others. --unknown