[R-sig-Debian] [R] Ubuntu rJava

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Thu May 29 16:04:07 CEST 2008

[Moving this to R-SIG-Debian where it belongs]

Le jeu. 29 mai à 07:22, threshold a écrit :

> Hi I am using ubuntu 8.04 and faced some problems when installing
> rJava. What
> I did first was install.packages("rJava") but I could not proceed
> since:
> "checking Java support in R... configure: error: absent
> R was configured without Java support. Please run
> R CMD javareconf
> as root to add Java support to R."
>
> afterwards I took Alt+F2 and typed: gksudo R CMD javareconf

Open a terminal to issue the command. That way, at least, you'll see
if there are any error messages (and can report them). Most likely you
don't have a Java interpreter installed. See

	https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java ,

install one, try again the commands recommended and report if
something is still going wrong.

HTH Vincent