[R-sig-Debian] One problem solved and a new one to consider...

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 5 03:22:54 CEST 2008

On 4 May 2008 at 19:48, Brian Lunergan wrote:
| Solved the original problem I wrote in about with a combination of r-cran
| downloads through Synaptic and downloads from one of the mirror sites.
| Things worked out well.
|
| Using the ctv package I pulled in the contents of the Finance view. Not
| clear which one, but one of the packages called up RDCOMClient as an
| apparent dependency. Not showing up as an r-cran file or on any of the
| mirrors I've tried. Is this needed for R on Linux, or is it a leftover from
| a Windows edition of whatever package called it as a dependency? If it is
| useful to a Linux setup of R, the question is where can I find and
| download/install the silly thing?

Looks like that comes from RBloomberg. So it appears that you need to filter
the output of ctv for the Finance taskview to exclude the packages not
available on your architecture. So just remove RBloomberg and the desire to
fetch RDCOMClient will vanish.  Both are Windows-only.

CCing Achim to see if that can, and if so should, be fixed on the ctv side of
things.

Thanks for the heads-up.