[R-sig-Debian] One problem solved and a new one to consider...

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Mon May 5 01:48:40 CEST 2008

Solved the original problem I wrote in about with a combination of r-cran
downloads through Synaptic and downloads from one of the mirror sites.
Things worked out well.

Using the ctv package I pulled in the contents of the Finance view. Not
clear which one, but one of the packages called up RDCOMClient as an
apparent dependency. Not showing up as an r-cran file or on any of the
mirrors I've tried. Is this needed for R on Linux, or is it a leftover from
a Windows edition of whatever package called it as a dependency? If it is
useful to a Linux setup of R, the question is where can I find and
download/install the silly thing?

--

Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario