[R-sig-Debian] info files

tyler tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Mar 14 15:47:40 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 09:18:42AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 14 March 2008 at 09:25, tyler wrote:
> | Thanks! I haven't used dpkg before, that's quite handy. The info files
>
> Off-topic hint: Install 'wajig', a wonderful front-end command-line tool
> (which a matching gui caleld 'jig') to dpk, apt-get, apt-cache, aptitude,
> ... and a number of other packages.  When you get used to wajig you no longer
> have to remember which of the gazillion little Debian helper did what :)

Wow, that's super! I periodically try and decipher the various
apt-get, apt-cache, dpkg tools, only to forget which does what almost
immediately. wajig looks like a nice unified solution.

Tyler

--
Support standardized open formats and control your own data -
	Reject Microsoft OOXML

http://noooxml.org