[R-sig-Debian] fonts in eps files

tyler tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Sun Mar 2 20:51:02 CET 2008

Hi,

I've got a paper ready for publication, but the .eps files I produced
are giving the editor problems. I received the following complaint:

     I tried to rasterize the eps files you sent, but I got a warning
     message that they contain a font that I don't have. The program
     will substitute another font, which can result in different
     placement and wrapping of the text as well as different
     appearance of the characters.

I think I've managed to produce an acceptable tiff, by importing the
.eps file into Gimp at the required resolution (1200 dpi), and then
saving as .tiff. However, it should be possible to use the .eps if the
fonts are set up correctly? What am I missing here?

I'm running R 2.6.1 on testing. I haven't done anything unusual with
the R install, but I'm not sure about the fonts on the system. Is
there a way to check that I've got standard fonts installed? I'm not
sure where to start trouble-shooting this.

Thanks!

Tyler

--
I'm Tyler Smith and I approve of this email.