[R-sig-Debian] problems building and installing some packages in 'unstable'

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Sun Jan 27 21:14:12 CET 2008

Hi Sebastian,

I just upgraded KernSmooth and mgcv from CRAN on an amd64 machine, and
then installed diveMove and tripEstimation without problems.
Unfortunately I did not try to just upgrade diveMove and tripEstimation
first.

Is it possible that after the rebuild of the KernSmooth and mgcv, the
installation of packages that depend on them is OK?

In R 2.6.1-1, there was a libRblas.so on amd64, but it went away with R
2.6.1-2. So if an installation of KernSmooth linked to it, it's no
wonder it's not working properly.

Best regards,

Johannes Ranke

* Sebastian P. Luque <spluque at gmail.com> [080127 18:40]:
> Hi again,
>
> I should add that installation of the Debian packages r-cran-kernsmooth
> and r-cran-mgcv proceeded without any problems.  It's just building and
> installing packages requiring those (and possibly others) that are
> giving the error.
>

> Cheers,
>
> --
> Seb

Dr. Johannes Ranke                 jranke at uni-bremen.de     Key ID: F649AF90
UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1         +49 421 218 63373
D-28359 Bremen                     http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke