[R-sig-Debian] kvoptions.sty

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Dec 29 20:58:16 CET 2008

Paul,

On 29 December 2008 at 14:33, Paul Gilbert wrote:
| Dirk
|
| Thanks, texlive-latex-recommended seems to have fixed the problem.
|
| On your "lastly"  below, I had installed r-base-dev to help with other
| dependencies I had trouble with earlier, and it did install r-base-core
| (but surprisingly not r-base), but my r-base-core does not depend on
| texlive-latex-recommended.  I am using Synaptic on Ubuntu, and it shows
| the r-base-dev version as 2.7.1-2. I assume the problem is that this is
|   old.

Not, it has nothing to do with 2.7.1 vs 2.8.1.  It is simply that r-base-dev
is meant to help with building packages -- in other words being able to run
install.packages() and not to fail immediately.  It does not claim to help
with any and all features (here: 'R CMD check') on all packages.  The tex
packages are simply not pulled in.  Use the hints from my previous email to
search for which package provides what.

| Do you know how I get Synaptic to find a newer version? I don't
| really want the latest everything, just R.

Follow the README at http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu which will
get you current R versions on Ubuntu i386 and amd64 thanks to Vincent and
Michael.  I use these myself at work on amd64.

[ That is an R-specific solution.  A more general solution would be
apt-pinning but we leave that for another time. ]

Hth, Dirk