[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu 8.10: Package installation fails (lf77blas problem)

Michael Rutter mar36 at psu.edu
Tue Dec 9 05:18:45 CET 2008

I apologize if this was sent twice, but thunderbird decided to lose
contact with my server and crashed.  Anyway...

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On 8 December 2008 at 10:54, Vincent Goulet wrote:
> | >   edd at joe:~$ grep blas /etc/R/Makeconf
> | >   BLAS_LIBS = -lf77blas -latlas
> | >   edd at ron:~$
> | >
> | > which is what you have, and which may have gotten there by accident.
> |
> | Same here (obviously) on the build system. It seems to be because I
> | have libatlas-base-dev installed. I rebuilt without the package and
> | now /etc/R/Makeconf has "BLAS_LIBS = -lblas". Should I provide an
> | updated binary?

My adm64 build system did not contain libatlas-base-dev, so I think
things are fine on the 64bit side.  My 64bit intrepid box has "BLAS_LIBS
= -lblas" in /etc/R/Makeconf.  So unless issues arise with interpid1 vs
interpid0 package names, I won't need to update.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
School of Science
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College
Station Road