[R-sig-Debian] Change in the Debian backports archive on CRAN

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Mon Apr 28 19:13:55 CEST 2008

Dear users of the Debian backports on CRAN,

Because of an inconsistency of the README file with the actual situation
on CRAN, which Ted Harding gratefully reported, I changed the archive on
CRAN so the /etc/apt/sources.list entry has to be changed in case you
would like to get updates of R backports to Debian stable in the future:

Instead of

    deb http://<favorite-cran-mirror>/bin/linux/debian stable/

which does not seem to have worked in the first place, you need to use

    deb http://<favorite-cran-mirror>/bin/linux/debian etch-cran/

from now on. I updated the README for Debian accordingly.

I modelled the archive after the half-official backports.org Debian
archive. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I would also like to announce the immediate availability of the
backporto of the maintenance release 0.4.9a of the KDE GUI rkward,
compiled against R 2.7.0 on Debian etch.

Best regards,

Johannes

--
Dr. Johannes Ranke                 jranke at uni-bremen.de     Key ID: F649AF90
UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1         +49 421 218 63373