[R-sig-Debian] R CMD javareconf in r-base-dev 2.6.0

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Wed Oct 3 22:23:04 CEST 2007

Hi Dirk, hi list,

I just ran into a slight problem while building the recommended packages
for CRAN in a chroot environment against the fresh backport of your R
2.6.0 packages. It seems that R CMD javareconf wants to change files in
/etc/R during the build, and since I am not building the packages as
root in my etch chroot, this fails, even if I am using fakeroot. My
workaround was to simply remove gij-4.1 from the chroot, so
/usr/bin/java is not found any more.

Johannes

--
Dr. Johannes Ranke                 jranke at uni-bremen.de     Key ID: F649AF90
UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1         +49 421 218 63373