[R-sig-Debian] separate window for help/newbie

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 17:32:23 CET 2007

Dear Johannes,

On Tuesday 13 November 2007, Johannes Ranke wrote:
> [...]
> if you have the line
>
> 	options("browser"="kfmclient newTab")
>
> in your .Rprofile, you will have a tabbed help browser at now extra
> cost after calling help.start() :)

There is an option for browser in Renviron (R-2.6.0 under Kubuntu):
R_BROWSER=${R_BROWSER-'sensible-browser'}

I tried changing "sensible-browser" to "kfmclient newTab", but it does not
perform anything different (it does not open Konqueror in a new tab).
I even tried creating .Rprofile, but I cannot replicate your outcome.

In R (restarted), typing ?somefunction will still present the help in the
terminal...

Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa