[R-sig-Debian] GPG key for Ubuntu packages

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Wed May 30 09:24:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

I updated the README in the bin/linux/debian directory with
some words about how to circumvent firewalls if they don't let
gpg fetch keys. Comments or improvements are welcome.

On another note, I reformatted the README file, so if I now
run

	txt2html README > README.html

I get an HTML version, which is shown together with the
directory listing on CRAN.

Greetings to all,

Johannes

* Gregor Gorjanc <gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si> [070521 11:50]:
> Ivailo Stoyanov <ubuntero.9161 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Gorjanc Gregor <Gregor.Gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si> writes:
> > > Is anyone experiencing the following:
> > >
> > > $ gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-key E2A11821
> > > gpg: requesting key E2A11821 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
> > > gpg: keyserver timed out
> > > gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error
> >
> > alternatively, you may get the key from http://keyserver.noreply.org by
> > searching for its ID (0xE2A11821) and copy/paste it into a plain text file.
> > Afterwards point to this file from within synaptic[1]: Settings -> Repositories
> > -> Authentication [Tab] -- Import Key File. And everything should be set;)
>
> Thank you all! Seems that I have a problem with a firewall. Solution by
> Ivalio was the missing piece I needed. I suggest that his note is added to
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README
>
> Regards, Gregor

Dr. Johannes Ranke                 jranke at uni-bremen.de     Key ID: F649AF90
UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1         +49 421 218 63373
D-28359 Bremen                     http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke