[R-sig-Debian] problems apt-getting from CRAN

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Wed Mar 7 07:24:45 CET 2007

* Vincent Goulet <vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca> [070306 21:20]:
> Le Jeudi 15 Février 2007 08:52, Johannes Ranke a écrit :
> > * Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> [070215 05:20]:

> > > I'd guess it's simply missing.  Try wiki.debian.org for info on how to
> > > _create_ such a key, and then convince someone at CRAN to create one.
> >
> > OK, I learned how to create and use an archive key by doing it.
> > Currently this key is only signed by me, but better then no signing at
> > all, I believe.
> >
> > For details, see the updated README file, section SECURE APT. The
> > key ID is 381BA480.
> >
> > The signed Release files and the README will be picked up by CRAN within
> > 12 hours, and then propagate to the mirrors.
> >
> > Johannes
>
> I did the same for the Ubuntu packages. They're signed with by key E2A11821.
> The README has been updated accordingly.

Nice. When I started to use a signed release file, at first I got error
messages from apt due to the very slim Release file produced when
calling apt-ftparchive release without a config file, so I created
config files for sarge and etch backports. If you want to see my
repository maintenance scripts/config, see

	http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/r-cran

This seems to do the job. Suggestions for improvements/corrections are
always welcome.

Johannes

> HTH
>
> --
>   Vincent Goulet, Professeur agrégé
>   École d'actuariat
>   Université Laval, Québec
>   Vincent.Goulet at act.ulaval.ca   http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca

Dr. Johannes Ranke                 jranke at uni-bremen.de     Key ID: F649AF90
UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1         +49 421 218 8971
D-28359 Bremen                     http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke