[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu package for 2.5.1

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Thu Jul 5 16:40:26 CEST 2007

Le 07-07-05 à 02:23, Gregor Gorjanc a écrit :

> Vincent Goulet <vincent.goulet <at> act.ulaval.ca> writes:
>> And if we look at http://cran.at.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/
>> feisty/, there is no *-2feisty0 r-cran deb file! That's ackward. What
>> is the output of
>>
>> sudo apt-get update
>> apt-cache policy r-cran-foreign r-cran-kernsmooth
>
> $ apt-cache policy r-cran-foreign r-cran-kernsmooth
> r-cran-foreign:
>   Installed: 0.8.20-2feisty0
>   Candidate: 0.8.20-2feisty0
>   Version table:
>  *** 0.8.20-2feisty0 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      0.8.20-1feisty0 0
>         500 http://cran.at.r-project.org feisty/ Packages
>      0.8.18-1 0
>         500 http://ubuntu.fastbull.org feisty/universe Packages
> r-cran-kernsmooth:
>   Installed: 2.22.20-2feisty0
>   Candidate: 2.22.20-2feisty0
>   Version table:
>  *** 2.22.20-2feisty0 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      2.22.20-1feisty0 0
>         500 http://cran.at.r-project.org feisty/ Packages
>      2.22.19-1 0
>         500 http://ubuntu.fastbull.org feisty/universe Packages

Gregor,

Ok, it appears to be my mistake. I'm at home now and there's this
sheet on my desk where I wrote the version numbers of the r-cran-*
packages before I recompile for 2.5.1. Sure enough, I have foreign at
version 0.8.20-2 and kernsmooth at 2.22.20-2. How the -2 got there I
don't remember.

My Dapper chroot was in exactly the same state as your system
regarding foreign and kernsmooth. Doing

	sudo apt-get remove r-cran-foreign r-cran-kernsmooth
	sudo apt-get install r-base

solved the issue for me. Now apt-cache policy returns the CRAN
version numbers for the two packages.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Vincent