[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu package for 2.5.1

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Thu Jul 5 10:16:21 CEST 2007

Hi Gregor and Vincent,

foreign and KernSmooth are the only recommended R packages that didn't
change their upstream version since the R 2.5.0 release. I suspect,
Vincent provided the *-2feisty0 packages together with  R 2.5.0,
and now you're stuck with a lower version number. For all other
packages, this is not an issue, since the increased upstream version
number caused the newly compiled versions to be installed.

As a matter of fact, the Debian backports are affected by a similar
naming problem, so the r-cran-foreign and r-cran-kernsmooth packages
that I compiled against R 2.5.1 are not upgraded, because I am providing
new packages with old versions (shame on me!). I have just uploaded new
foreign and KernSmooth packages.

BTW, I just tested the old kernsmooth package with my new backport, and
at least example(locpoly) from KernSmooth works.

One more thing - I noticed a harmless but slightly annoying typo in the
version string of my R 2.5.1 backport - it contains etchran where it
should say etchcran (from etch and CRAN). Sorry for that, but I think it
doesn't warrant recompiling on both architectures...

Cheers,

Johannes

r-cran-kernsmooth versions with inc

* Gregor Gorjanc <gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si> [070705 08:30]:
> Vincent Goulet <vincent.goulet <at> act.ulaval.ca> writes:
> > And if we look at http://cran.at.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/
> > feisty/, there is no *-2feisty0 r-cran deb file! That's ackward. What
> > is the output of
> >
> > sudo apt-get update
> > apt-cache policy r-cran-foreign r-cran-kernsmooth
>
> $ apt-cache policy r-cran-foreign r-cran-kernsmooth
> r-cran-foreign:
>   Installed: 0.8.20-2feisty0
>   Candidate: 0.8.20-2feisty0
>   Version table:
>  *** 0.8.20-2feisty0 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      0.8.20-1feisty0 0
>         500 http://cran.at.r-project.org feisty/ Packages
>      0.8.18-1 0
>         500 http://ubuntu.fastbull.org feisty/universe Packages
> r-cran-kernsmooth:
>   Installed: 2.22.20-2feisty0
>   Candidate: 2.22.20-2feisty0
>   Version table:
>  *** 2.22.20-2feisty0 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      2.22.20-1feisty0 0
>         500 http://cran.at.r-project.org feisty/ Packages
>      2.22.19-1 0
>         500 http://ubuntu.fastbull.org feisty/universe Packages

Dr. Johannes Ranke                 jranke at uni-bremen.de     Key ID: F649AF90
UFT Bremen, Leobenerstr. 1         +49 421 218 63373
D-28359 Bremen                     http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke