[R-sig-Debian] FW: Warnings

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 6 15:13:32 CET 2007

Thank you, Gregor,

for the feedback,

    GG> Hmm,
    GG> another one, but error this time!

    li> library(Matrix)
    >> round(1)
    GG> Error in .Internal(round(x, digits)) : no internal function "round"

"Of course", I cannot reproduce that either.

It must a broken setup / mix of R version and package versions.
Note that 0.99875-2 does *not* work (correctly) with R-2.6.0 and
newer.

OTOH, we (Matrix authors) would be very happy if you used the latest
version of Matrix {from CRAN} rather than the Ubuntu/Debian one
which is currently a bit behind (for good "package dependency"
reasons I think, but still):
0.999375-3 was released early October, and included quite a bit
of work during the summer.

Regards,
Martin