[R-sig-Debian] FW: Warnings

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Dec 6 18:14:20 CET 2007

On 6 December 2007 at 14:46, Gorjanc Gregor wrote:
| Hmm,
|
| another one, but error this time!
|
| li> library(Matrix)
| > round(1)
| Error in .Internal(round(x, digits)) : no internal function "round"

You may be getting caught between "partial" Ubuntu updates. I suspect that
you have
	a) Ubuntu binaries for R 2.6.1 from CRAN -- 'current'
	b) r-cran-matrix from Ubuntu, not CRAN -- 'old'

On my (work) system, R is built locally [and equivalent to a) above as
Vincent uses the same build scripts] and Matrix is current from CRAN as I
just use R to update /usr/local/R/site-packages:

foo:~> dpkg -l | grep -ic ubuntu		## it really is Ubuntu
1120
foo:~> R

R version 2.6.1 (2007-11-26)
Copyright (C) 2007 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> library(Matrix)
> round(1)
[1] 1

If my hunch is correct, just removed the r-cran-matrix package. Ubuntu is
behind the lightning speed of developement shown by the team of Drs Bates and
Maechler (Hi :)