[R-sig-Debian] Poll: Does R_PAPERSIZE in /etc/R/Renviron matter?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Oct 23 22:36:02 CEST 2006

A heuristic runs via the r-base-core package postinst. It is intended
to use the result from Debian's paperconf(1) toool, and to update the R
environment variable R_PAPERSIZE accordingly.  This apparently broke some
time ago when R changed to a dual variable setup, and my regexp didn't
notice.

Does anybody use this, or is it ok if I simply disable this in Debian?  In
that case we simply do what everybody else does, so you all get to live by
the 'letter' setting that comes from my compile-time choice.  It is easy
enough to override either in /etc/R/Renviron or in ~/.Renviron.

Opinions either way? Let me know. For now, I intend to simply comment this
out in the next release (presumably a rc for 2.4.1).

Thanks, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison