[R-sig-Debian] Problems with package foreign (r-cran-foreign)

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Sun Oct 15 02:42:49 CEST 2006

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On 12 October 2006 at 13:02, Gregor Gorjanc wrote:
> I forgot to actually upload foreign, but that has been done now. Tip: install
> the devscripts package and try
>
> $ rmadison foreign		# shows source pkg
> $ rmadison r-cran-foreign	# shows binary per arch.
>
> Also, too many packages in testing depend on R 2.4.0 --- so you may want R
> 2.4.0 from testing.  I'm CCing r-sig-debian as a heads up.

I apologize for late response. Yes,

aptitude install -t unstable r-cran-foreign

solves my problem. Thank you Dirk for this and also other Debian-R
related work. rmadison command rocks. I was always wondering how one
could easily get info that rmadison spits out so nicely and fast!

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

SI-1230 Domzale             tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
Slovenia, Europe            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888