[R-sig-Debian] 2.4.0 packages for (K)Ubuntu

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Oct 13 17:02:06 CEST 2006

Salut Vincent,

On 13 October 2006 at 10:08, Vincent Goulet wrote:
| May I ask what are the plans for R 2.4.0 packages for (K)Ubuntu? Will
| Christian yet again agree to provide packages as he did for 2.3.1?
|
| I will renew my offer to contribute, if needed.

That would be great. I can try to walk you though any pitfalls.

That said, I built those on Kubuntu Dapper at work and for use at work, and
it is trivial as Dapper is so close to testing.  No change needed to debian/*
apart from a changelog entry to set it apart.

[ There often is a little bit involved for Debian stable as the packages are
older, and/or because Christian also builds the r-recommended packages.  That
last change may matter. ]

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison