[R-sig-Debian] Query about building R-2.3.1 for Ubuntu

Adrian DUSA adi at roda.ro
Fri Jun 9 07:17:43 CEST 2006

Hello Arin,

I doubt anyone has built a deb package for the latest release. What I do is to
compile R from sources. It takes about 15 minutes or so, but it's worth it:
you'll have a perfect installation for your box.
I use this command (having previously installed tcl and tk and their
corresponding dev packages):

./configure --with-tcl-config=/usr/lib/tcl8.4/tclConfig.sh
--with-tk-config=usr/lib/tk8.4/tkConfig.sh
make
sudo make install

HTH,
Adrian