[R-sig-Debian] levelplot

deepayan at cs.wisc.edu deepayan at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 18 23:23:47 CEST 2006

> I'm running debian unstable, and have been happy with the packages
> that Dirk provides for unstable so far. update.packages() doesn't seem to
> update lattice to 0.13.

It's in a special directory (because it's not compatible with R 2.2) that
update.packages doesn't know about (I think).

> Perhaps email to r-sig-debian?

Sounds like the proper way to go, so I'm CC-ing.

I realise that this is a tricky situation: there are multiple copies of
recommended packages, one set that goes with an R release and another that
gets updated more or less independently. I'm not sure what the best
strategy would be from the Debian packaging perspective (perhaps looking
in both places and choosing the one with higher version number but still
compatible with the corresponding R version).

Deepayan