[R-sig-DCM] Any package which can handle choice based sampling

ravibabu manchala ravibabumanchala at gmail.com
Tue May 2 03:34:00 CEST 2017

Dear Cris

Thanks for the response and thanks for the link. For a newcomer to R it has
some very good material.

I am aware of some of the models and that they can perform for Choice based
conjoint (CBC) but I am not looking for CBC. I am looking at a case where
sampling is not random but samples are decided as per the choices.

I will clarify with an example. Suppose A, B and C are three choices in a
universal set with shares of 75%,  24% and 1% respectively. As it is
difficult to get the samples for C if you go for random sample you
concentrate and get more samples for C. Say our sample proportions are 60%,
30% and 10% for A, B and C respectively. There are estimators designed for
such samples (pl. see https://eml.berkeley.edu/~mcfadden/discrete/ch2.pdf
for a review).

To the extent I have reviewed none the packages are designed to estimate
with choice based samples.

May be I am missing something.

with warm regards
Ravibabu