[R-sig-DCM] segmenting consumers after a dcm

Data Analytics Corp. walt at dataanalyticscorp.com
Mon Jan 31 20:53:26 CET 2011

Hi,

I just completed a dcm (not a conjoint) for a client.  Now they would
like to segment the consumers based on utilities from the model,
claiming that they had this done for them before although they don't
know what or how it was done.  My model had coefficients estimated
across all consumers, not for each one separately.  I don't even think
that makes sense to do for each individual.  Has anyone ever done
segmentation after a dcm?

Thanks,

Walt

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.