[R-sig-DCM] Fwd: [R] Choice Design -- partial profile

John Williams john.williams at otago.ac.nz
Wed Aug 11 23:22:25 CEST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [R] Choice Design -- partial profile
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 23:22:07 +1200
From: Marcel Gerds <Marcel.Gerds at gmx.de>
To: r-help at r-project.org <r-help at r-project.org>

Dear R community,

I have a question concerning the generation of an experimental design
for discrete choice experiments (=choice based conjoint analysis, CBC).
I understand that there is an article "Design and Analysis of Choice
Experiments Using R" by Aizaki and Nishimura (available at
http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/air/17/2/86/_pdf). The authors use
gen.factorial-function of the AlgDesign package.
My problem is that I want to generate a partial profile design that is
that only a subset of attributes are shown in each choice set (say 4 of
13). However this cannot be done with the R packages I checked so far.
Does any of you know about a package which provide such a functionality
or can give some hints about programming it?

Thanks in adavance.

Regards
Marcel