[R-sig-DB] Add a "dbSendUpdate" function to DBI?

Hadley Wickham h@d|ey @end|ng |rom r@tud|o@com
Thu Sep 4 18:47:05 CEST 2014

> What I do hope for, of course, is that maintainers of packages based on
> DBI will in due course implement the new function, so that my scripts are
> portable between packages. I had mentioned ROracle and RJDBC (from which
> my request arose), but I also use RMySQL, and I use all three of these
> quite a bit. And of course there are several others.

That's what I hope for too!

You can try out DBI::dbiCheckCompliance() to see how well a package is
doing to the DBI standard. In the future, I hope to include more
tests, so that it's easy to see where a package is lacking.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/