[R-sig-DB] Link RSQLite to external (windows) SQLite Installation?

Nick Eubank n|ckeub@nk @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 30 20:26:13 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out how to link RSQLite to an external sqlite3.dll
file compiled for a 64bit platform. I see from the CRAN installation
instructions that on a unix machine there's a way to set the configuration
to access an outside, so I assume it's possible (see:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RSQLite/INSTALL).

Any guidance on how to point RSQLite to a 64 bit sqlite3.dll?

The reason, for those interested, is that 32 bit windows was built with
memory addressing that couldn't allocate more than 2gb of ram to a single
process. The 32 bit build of sqlite3 still has these variable types, so
even on a 64 bit machine, it can't allocate more than 2gb of ram.

SQLite.org just (today) posted a 64 bit .dll file for SQLite, but I'm not
sure how to point RSQLite to that library.

Thanks!

Nick