[R-sig-DB] RSQLite RAM use never exceeding ~1900 mb in Windows even with high cache_size?

Nick Eubank n|ckeub@nk @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 30 20:23:24 CEST 2014

Great! I can answer my own question (based on exchanges on SQLite listserv):

The 32 bit SQLite build on windows cannot allocate more than ~1900 mb to a
single process due to a limitation in the variable types used to store
memory addresses in 32 bit windows. The problem is fixed in 64 bit builds.