[R-sig-DB] RPostgreSQL and memory usage error

NISHIYAMA Tomoaki tomo@k|n @end|ng |rom @t@||@k@n@z@w@-u@@c@jp
Thu May 8 03:02:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

The version 0.4 of RPostgreSQL is known to have memory leak issues,
which at least in part was fixed in the latest svn branch.
https://code.google.com/p/rpostgresql/issues/detail?id=57
If you have run for a long time on a low memory computer, they might
hurt you.

For the release of the fixed version, we need to change the tests structure
so that the output on a machine with and without the DB setup will not be
too much different and clearly understandable to persuade CRAN maintainers.

The part "ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Failed on request of size 3145728",
came from the libpq function call.
--
Tomoaki NISHIYAMA

Advanced Science Research Center,