[R-sig-DB] RPostgreSQL and memory usage error

Paul Gilbert pg||bert902 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 6 23:47:05 CEST 2014

One possibility is that you are mistakenly doing a query that returns a
much larger number of records than you are expecting. Try count(*) to
check how many records you are trying to return.

If the client and server are the same machine, there is a possibility
that the server is grabbing a lot of memory, maybe for a join or
something like that. I'm really not very familiar with the memory
demands of the server. I guess I am not even sure if this message comes
from the R side of the DBI or is passed back from the server and DBI is
just the messenger. Others on this list probably know the answer to that.

Paul