[R-sig-DB] RPostgreSQL and memory usage error

Alan Eng @eng @end|ng |rom @t|tch||x@com
Mon May 5 19:15:20 CEST 2014

Hi there,

My name is Alan and I work in analytics for a startup in San Francisco. My
company has been using the RPostgreSQL package as an interface to our
Postgres DB for the past year but recently an error surfaced that I could
not find the solution to on Google.

With small or large queries, the error "RS-DBI driver: (could not Retrieve
the result : ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Failed on request of size
3145728" comes up. The "3145728" seems random because other times I get
size of 36 or 24.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice on resolving this issue. Here's some
info on package versions:

R version 3.0.1 (2013-05-16)
RPostgreSQL_0.4
DBI_0.2-7
sqldf_0.4-7.1

--
Alan Eng
Analytics Engineer and Part-Time Receptionist