[R-sig-DB] Trouble Installing RODBC on Mavericks

Joran Elias jor@n@e||@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 14 19:52:32 CEST 2014

I just (finally) upgraded to Mavericks, and I'm having some trouble with
RODBC.

Once the Mavericks update was done, I upgraded R to 3.1.0, and began
reinstalling packages.

For RODBC, I got the message that it was unavailable as a binary, only as
source. When I try to install as source, the compilation fails with missing
headers:

configure: error: "ODBC headers sql.h and sqlext.h not found"

I do have the up to date Actual Technologies ODBC drivers installed, so I'm
not sure what else I'm missing.

Additionally, when I download the the OS X binary directly and install it
locally, it installs, but segfaults anytime I try to create a connection.

Any suggestions?