[R-sig-DB] [R-sig-Geo] R and MS SQL Spatial

Andres Diaz m@d|@z| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 6 10:35:10 CET 2013

I had used MySQL instead of MSSQL and its very similar. i recomend you to
use this database programm because you can download and install a R package
that allows you to connect your database and R program.

The name of the R package is RMySQL, if you want I Can provide you with
some hydrometeorological examples focused on rainfall and dicharge flow
data series. (How to connect etc..)

Once you can acquire your information from the database you can start to
play with severals statistical/spatial packages builded in R.

Best regards,

M. Andr�s D�az L.
Phd. Candidate
Sediment Transport Research Group
Barcelona Tech
Tel.:+34 934054196
www.gits.ws

El viernes, 6 de diciembre de 2013, Domagoj Culinovic escribi�: