[R-sig-DB] RMySQL and RPostgreSQL interaction

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Wed Sep 19 10:26:05 CEST 2012

On 19/09/2012 03:33, NISHIYAMA Tomoaki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is a pity that such interference between different database driver happens.
> We can exclude export of dbObjectId from RPostgreSQL, but I reallized that would
> cause a warning on TSPostgreSQL.
> One of the possible solution may moving the definition of db* to DBI and exclude from
> individual database drivers.  Other routines that may be imported to DBI includes
> dbBeginTransaction(), now deleted from RPostgreSQL, but some request are coming.
>
> DBI is last published on 2009-12-22, but not changed thereafter.
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/DBI/index.html
> Author:	R Special Interest Group on Databases (R-SIG-DB)
>
> So, it appears the DBI can be updated based on discussion on this mailing-list.
> But I do not know how do we make agreement and update.

Not so: CRAN packages can only be updated by their maintainer (Cc:ed here).

If David James does not want to update DBI, he maybe could be persuaded
to hand over the maintainership.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley using stats.ox.ac.uk