[R-sig-DB] RMySQL and RPostgreSQL interaction

NISHIYAMA Tomoaki tomo@k|n @end|ng |rom @t@||@k@n@z@w@-u@@c@jp
Wed Sep 19 04:33:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

It is a pity that such interference between different database driver happens.
We can exclude export of dbObjectId from RPostgreSQL, but I reallized that would
cause a warning on TSPostgreSQL.
One of the possible solution may moving the definition of db* to DBI and exclude from
individual database drivers.  Other routines that may be imported to DBI includes
dbBeginTransaction(), now deleted from RPostgreSQL, but some request are coming.

DBI is last published on 2009-12-22, but not changed thereafter.
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/DBI/index.html
Author:	R Special Interest Group on Databases (R-SIG-DB)

So, it appears the DBI can be updated based on discussion on this mailing-list.
But I do not know how do we make agreement and update.

Best regards,