[R-sig-DB] Connect R to MySQL DB installed via XAMPP

Prof Brian Ripley r|p|ey @end|ng |rom @t@t@@ox@@c@uk
Mon Jun 25 17:24:38 CEST 2012

On 25/06/2012 15:12, julien cuisinier wrote:

> Hi List,
>

> Just to update, I could find a zip online (I unfortunately lost the address & cannot find it anymore) RMySQL_0.8-0_for_MySQL_5.5.16.zip
>
> which when installed locally under R allowed me to connect... not ideal but at leats it works for the time being.
>
> Any feedback on my email / question is more than welcome

You start from mendacious assumptions, and installing Windows source
packages is way off topic here.

But you should not need administrative rights to install Rtools ....