[R-sig-DB] Database R Package

Jim Jones j|m@jone@ @end|ng |rom un|-muen@ter@de
Mon Jun 18 11:56:08 CEST 2012

Dear Prof. Ripley,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

You're right, the packages DBI and RODBC already provide R-level interfaces
for databases. My proposed package actually depend on them. What I wanted
to propose is to have predifined functions, e.g. pgCreateTablespace, so
that the user doesn't need to care about the database script language, but
just need to call the package functions and provide the necessary
parameters. Something simple that in my opinion saves some time.

Best,
Jim Jones