[R-sig-DB] Using LDAP connection

Slawin, Scott @@|@w @end|ng |rom @||@t@te@com
Thu Jun 7 16:40:36 CEST 2012

Sean,

Thanks for quick reply!  The link you provide was exactly what I was looking for.  I now have it working without the use of TNSNAMES.ORA.
Need to make sure that you are using the DB Service name in the ODBC configuration.

-- Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: seandavi using gmail.com [mailto:seandavi using gmail.com] On Behalf Of Sean Davis
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 9:00 AM
To: Slawin, Scott
Cc: r-sig-db using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R-sig-DB] Using LDAP connection

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Slawin, Scott <sslaw using allstate.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to find an R package that will allow me to connect to Oracle
> using LDAP.  Can someone help direct me to such a package or
> documentation.
>
> RCURL does mention LDAP, but is not very specific on how to use LDAP
> with sql statements.

Hi, Scott

I'd read up on ROracle or RODBC.  The LDAP piece is behind the Oracle
piece, I think, so you should not have to do anything special for
connecting.

I'm not sure how far this will get you, but you could take a look here
for one (of several) tutorials:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/datawarehouse/saternos-r-161569.html

Sean