[R-sig-DB] Problem with ODBC from FileMaker - can read labels but not data

Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren r @end|ng |rom grende|@no
Thu Feb 23 23:02:11 CET 2012

Hi,

I've encountered a snag when trying to create a dataframe from FileMaker
data. For what it's woth, I'm uising FileMaker Pro 11, FileMaker's ODBC
driver, and ODBC Administrator on MacOS Lion. I am able to sucessfully make
the connection. Thus,

> library(RODBC)
> myconn <- odbcConnect ("AGA_1","Admin","********")
> D <- sqlFetch (myconn,"DATA_AGANorway")

executes and gives no error messages. However,

gives a list of all of the label names of the table (53 in all), but
without the variables.

> fix(D)

confirms this: The editor labels the columns correctly, but the cells are
empty.

Is this expected behavior, or a bug? Have I overlooked something?

Any and all help appreciated!

Thank you,

--
Rolf Marvin B�e Lindgren