[R-sig-DB] Reading data from a worksheet on the Internet

Nilza BARROS n||z@b@rro@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Feb 12 01:49:07 CET 2012

Dear R-users,

I have to read data from a worksheet that is available on the Internet. I
have been doing this by copying the worksheet from the browser.
But I would like to be able to copy the data automatically using the url
command.

But when using  "url" command the result is the source code, I mean, a html
code.
I see that the data I need is in the source code but before thinking about
reading the data from the html code I wonder if there is a package or
anoher way to extract these data since reading  from the code will demand
many work and it can be not so accurate.

Below one can see the from where I am trying to export the data:

dados<-url("
http://www.mar.mil.br/dhn/chm/meteo/prev/dados/pnboia/sc1201_arquivos/sheet002.htm","r
")
I am looking forward  any help.