[R-sig-DB] dbWriteTable in RPostgreSQL can't handle date and timestamp data types.

Tomoaki NISHIYAMA tomo@k|n @end|ng |rom kenroku@k@n@z@w@-u@@c@jp
Mon Mar 7 15:00:55 CET 2011

Hi,

> Can we specify data types for columns of the table created by
> dbWriteTable,

You can do anything by issuing an SQL.

> most times we want timestamp without timezone

The reason/benefit is not explained.

> want it to be decimal with scales,

What do you mean with "decimal with scales"?
What is the difference with float?
--
Tomoaki NISHIYAMA

Advanced Science Research Center,