[R-sig-DB] dbWriteTable on virtual linux box

Tomoaki NISHIYAMA tomo@k|n @end|ng |rom kenroku@k@n@z@w@-u@@c@jp
Tue Mar 1 01:20:35 CET 2011

Hi,

> However, at a different
> location, I only have access to a Windows computer, so I am running
> R on
> Ubuntu on VirtualBox. On this setup, when I try the above code, I get:

What version of RPostgreSQL are you using?

Is the PostgreSQL server working on the same virtualbox or are
you to communicate the PostgreSQL server running on the host
environment?

If you are using an old version of RPostgreSQL, it cannot
dbWriteTable to other hosts, but the most
recent release version (0.1-7) should work.

Another comment on your code:
> dbWriteTable(conn, "<schema_name>.<table_anme", df1, row.names =
> FALSE)

the table argument will only treated as the table name even if the
string
contains one or more periods in current implementation.
If you want to write in non-default schema you need to change the
default schema beforehand.

For future implementation, I am thinking of allowing
something like c("schemaname", "tablename"),
but not sure on how many people agree, and is not implemented anyway.
--
Tomoaki NISHIYAMA

Advanced Science Research Center,
Kanazawa University,