[R-sig-DB] dbWriteTable of RPostgreSQL can't insert data into PostgreSQL Server.

Tomoaki NISHIYAMA tomo@k|n @end|ng |rom kenroku@k@n@z@w@-u@@c@jp
Sun Feb 6 09:56:28 CET 2011

Thanks Brian,

> That is simply wrong.  fileEncoding is a convenience for those too
> intellectually challenged to be able to use a file() connection,
> something which was always supported.

While I have not found the right document yet,
do you mean that by 2.12 one more line was required for setting
encoding,
and as of 2.13, it becomes just one more argument?

in old style:
fc <- file('filename', encoding='UTF-8')
write.table(data.frame, file=fc,...)

new style:
write.table(data.frame, file='filename', fileEncoding='UTF-8',...)

I actually noticed "All of these functions can write to a connection
which
allows an encoding to be specified for the file,"
but unfortunately it was not linked to any place, and finding the
way to do it required more searches.
--
Tomoaki NISHIYAMA

Advanced Science Research Center,