[R-sig-DB] R DB interfaces and saving charts

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom @tructuremon|tor|ng@com
Sat Nov 27 18:01:53 CET 2010

       Beyond Dirk's comments, there is an "R2HTML" package.  (It has
some minor problems and could use maintenance.  If you have time and
interest, please contact either me or the officially listed maintainer
or author.)  To produce *.pdf, one can print from a browser to *.pdf
(e.g., using CutePDF).  To control pagination with that, I've manually
edited the index.html file in Open Office, then wrote to *.pdf.

       Have you considered creating a subdirectory, e.g., called "figs",
and write all the individual plots to that subdirectory?  That's a more
traditional solution, I think.

       If you'd rather use MySQL than PostgreSQL, the RMySQL package
seems to work OK, though it cannot be installed from CRAN on a Windows
machine.  Instead, you need to download the source in *.tar.gz then do
"R CMD INSTALL" from that to tailor it for the version of MySQL you have.

Hope this helps.
Spencer